Yoga for you, whatever your age, skill level or experience…
Regardless of how fit (or unfit!) you feel, or how much prior experience you have of Yoga, I have developed a range of enjoyable, friendly, informal in person and online classes just for you. Everyone is welcome at our beautiful studio, a little dedicated space and oasis of calm at Yoga You Sanctuary 235 Liscard Road, Wallasey, Wirral, CH44 5TH
Yoga You Sanctuary
(updated info 5 April 2021)
Dearest Yoga You Sanctuary Friends,
I am hoping that you are all as well as can be and want you to know that I am thinking of you all lots and hoping that you have been able to maintain a good level of health, well-being and some regular yoga practice since the start of the pandemic. Some people have been in touch to say that they are desperate to return to Yoga You Sanctuary studio for Face to Face classes, whilst others who have health issues or are shielding for various reasons clearly wish to remain with online classes.
ALL Classes at Yoga You Sanctuary online and face to face (when permitted) will run simultaneously showing only the teacher on the recording. Follow this link on my website for the class timetable and extra tips on how to prepare for your online class :- http://www.yogayousanctuary.co.uk/classes/
Details of prices, payments and the health form which must be completed before commencing classes may be found here:-
There will be no longer a facility to swop classes in the future and a VIMEO link (valid for a week) will be offered in recompense for missed classes instead. If demand for face to face teaching outweighs capacity then a rota wait list will be held for monthly bookings in this category.
My lovely friend and talented teacher Kate Knowles has 2 x Monday morning classes usually delivered at Yoga You Sanctuary Studio but currently they are online- bookings/ payments for these are to be made directly to Kate in person or via her website https://yogawithkate.vpweb.co.uk/stress-buster-yoga
Yoga has always been something I absolutely love and as many of you are aware I’ve gained wide ranging experience over the years, having practiced since 1980 and taught since 1998.
‘Birds of a feather flock together’ …just like many of my students being a seeker of truth, peace and love I’m continually looking for ways to maintain, improve and continue my yoga practice and teaching, especially in these unprecedented times it is my belief that the benefits of regular practice offers so much support and pays such rewarding dividends.
In addition to yoga practice, Yoga You Sanctuary has been for the past ten years been a welcoming community space where we not only practice safe and rejuvenating yoga but we also find ways to fundraise and support others, this was continued through early lockdown months and is summarized at http://www.yogayousanctuary.co.uk/community-work/
The health and well-being of my students and self is paramount and so there is a list of all the Covid response changes already made shown below* I hope this will provide some re-assurance for you and if there is anything else I can reasonably do please let me know as I obviously don’t have all the answers and will always do the best I can in these extremely challenging times.
Perhaps further adjustments will be required in due course and I will look forward to seeing you online henceforth, or face to face and online from Wednesday 2 June 2021 (covid restrictions permitting) .
Ann Simmonett Studio Director at Yoga You Sanctuary , Hatha Yoga Teacher, BWY Dip 2003, CYF Dip 1998, BWY Pregnancy Cert 2004, YHLB Certified Teacher 2013, IYN Yoga Elder 2018, Holistic Therapist since 2007- See ABOUT ANN for more info
* Face to Face Classes: ‘Staying COVID-19 SECURE’
- Social distancing – marked out mat spaces 2 m apart and a wide bandwidth of time allowed before and after each class to allow for staged arrival and departures in order to maintain social distancing.
- Airy room with door open to outside when possible and HEPA/ UV air filters which aid removal of virus and bacteria.
- Provision of non touch automatic hand sanitising units
- Temperature reading of each person with Infrared thermometer on arrival (you are asked not to attend if you are unwell or have a temperature).
- Individual separated hooks for coats and a plastic bag for any other belongings, please only bring to the studio that which is necessary.
- Provision of spotlessly clean dedicated yoga studio which is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each class including all door handles, floors , toilet and a regular deep clean of whole building.
- Students are asked to wear a mask entering and leaving the premises – masks and gloves are on sale at purchase price for those who want them.
- Students are requested not to congregate outside the studio before or after class and to remain at a social distance to each other.
- Teacher will wear PPE as students enter and leave and modify lesson plans in order to minimise any practice which may cause droplets or aerosol emissions to increase.
- All Students attending Yoga You Sanctuary must complete a health questionnaire and provide contact details for track and trace purposes.
- A detailed, regularly reviewed risk assessment has been completed in accordance with legal requirements, covid safety accountability and compliance with notices publicly displayed .
What you need to do to attend a class
- MAKE ENQUIRY if not sure, download health form from website if new student, complete it and send to me before class.
- MAKE SURE you are Covid symptom free before attending.
- PAY IN ADVANCE for monthly bookings, drop in classes or courses –for online classes the fee is per person please and not per household. There are no booking fees. Please see ways to make payment below.
- For Face To Face Class it is essential to bring your own equipment- mat, blocks, strap, blanket, water .
- PLEASE ! Be Punctual!! Arrive at least 10 mins early to Zoom or Studio – Online Waiting Room will open 30 mins before class and Studio Door open 30 mins before class. This is something I’ve always done to allow some chat time and if anyone needs to speak with me prior to class, it is not intended for zoom instruction 😊
- FOR ONLINE CLASSES Download Free Basic Zoom App from the App Store – this is easy, either practice with friends or follow online tutorials. Make payment and message me, await Confirmation or Zoom Link
In Zoom Classes:
A link will be sent to you once payment has been made and you have messaged me to let me know contact what the booking is for.
You have a duty of care to yourself as it is very difficult for me to see individuals clearly and so as usual modification advice will be offered and I ask you to use your own judgement in how you follow instruction.
Mob- 07521 768590, Landline- 0151 639 9699,
E- firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook Messenger @yogayousanctuary
FOR CURRENT EVENTS PLEASE JOIN US ON FACEBOOK & GIVE US A LIKE
Welcome to all Beginners:
If you are completely new to Yoga, or a beginner, there’s no need to feel embarrassed or anxious that you won’t be able to do it – you will, because I treat everyone as an individual and structure my classes to suit and support each of you, giving advice and modifications as necessary.
Alternatively, if you’re an experienced Yoga practitioner, my classes allow you to challenge yourself at your own pace as I have designed a number of programmes that will help develop your skills and knowledge further – physically, mentally and spiritually.
Yoga for Pregnancy:
Yoga offers you wonderful benefits during and after Pregnancy – please see our Pregnancy Yoga Classes page for more information and read some of our client’s amazing Birthing Stories.
NEW COURSES ! Announcing more dates for the extremely effective 12-week course promoting
‘Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs’ always run Thursday evening’s 6pm to 7.15pm on set dates
- The course is divided into two six-week blocks. For full details, please see our Yoga For Healthy Lower Backs page which gives you more information and insight as to what the course offers. Research and validation for this highly effective award winning course may be found on www.yogaforbacks.co.uk
See video feedback from previous Yoga For Healthy Lower Backs Student https://www.facebook.com/389765661154291/videos/646625448801643/?video_source=pages_finch_main_video
Pregnancy Support Team is an exclusive reference point provided by Yoga You Sanctuary enabling access to a specialist team of local, highly qualified therapeutic professionals dedicated to supporting you on your journey towards conception, as well as during pregnancy, birth, and beyond. The team consists of qualified professionals offering therapeutic services, including:-
- Pregnancy Yoga & Birth Partner Classes
- Life Coaching
- Tapping (Thought Field Therapy)
Please visit the Your Pregnancy Support Team page and learn more about the individual therapists and the services we offer. You can also download a PDF version of our therapist flyers for more information.
Empower yourself throughout the year...
Why not empower yourself with self-nurturing, health-sustaining Yoga practice. Yoga You Sanctuary welcomes students of all abilities. Have a look at the Class descriptions to see what is most appealing to you, or perhaps think about booking yourself on to one of our Events that may be just the ticket to enhance your well-being!
There are no Yoga classes on the following dates –
ALL BANK HOLIDAYS
Gift Vouchers Available – Give a Gift of Love
Why not treat a friend or loved one to a very special gift? Our gift vouchers can be used for a wide variety of classes and events and the vouchers are valid for one whole year .Contact us here at Yoga You to organise a voucher to the value of your chosen activity and give a special someone a gift of love and positivity.
Join us on Facebook: