What you need to do to attend a class
- MAKE ENQUIRY if not sure, download health form from website if new student, complete it and send to me before class.
- MAKE SURE you are Covid symptom free before attending.
- PAY IN ADVANCE for monthly bookings, drop in classes or courses –for online classes the fee is per person please and not per household. There are no booking fees. Please see ways to make payment below.
- For Face To Face Class it is essential to bring your own equipment- mat, blocks, strap, blanket, water.
- PLEASE ! Be Punctual!! Arrive at least 10 mins early to Zoom or Studio – Online Waiting Room will open 30 mins before class and Studio Door open 30 mins before class. This is something I’ve always done to allow some chat time and if anyone needs to speak with me prior to class, it is not intended for zoom instruction 😊
- FOR ONLINE CLASSES Download Free Basic Zoom App from the App Store – this is easy, either practice with friends or follow online tutorials. Make payment and message me, await Confirmation or Zoom Link
VIMEO RECORDINGS Please be aware that it is also possible to book only pre-recorded Vimeo Classes if that suits your needs more than Zoom.
Vimeo recordings are available for a week at a time from the issue date and may be used as many times as you wish during that week.
Students are welcome to purchase a re-issue of any Vimeo recording when I am on annual leave and so it may help to keep a note of your favourite classes for future Vimeo requests .
Prices for only Vimeo recordings work out at £6 per one off issue, or £5 per class recording for block bookings of 4 or more classes.
My Online classes are conducted using the Zoom platform, which is extremely user friendly, allowing you to join or continue a great way to continue a yoga practice in the comfort of your own home.
A few things to consider before online class starts:-
1) Ensure you have everything ready before class starts – yoga mat, block, blanket, yoga belt and anything else that may help you like cushions or a chair. You may chose to light a candle and ensure the room is quiet, draft free and warm.
2) Login to Zoom up to 15 minutes before class starts where I can welcome you and you may wish to chat with other students. Please make sure that your devices are working and are fully charged. I prefer to keep my device plugged into the charger for the duration of class.
3) Switch your landline and any other wifi devices off to maximise your broadband capacity and make sure that the room you have chosen has good wi-fi reception.
4) Only practice to a level that feels comfortable for you or perhaps try any suggested modification and feel free to contact me prior to the session with any health concerns you may have.
5) All New Students must complete the Health Questionnaire before joining the class .
6) All Students new and old should have a duty of care to themselves, and familiarise themselves with the disclaimer below, also shown on the health questionnaire and mentioned at the start of each class.
7) I won’t be using any of my usual background music whilst teaching as it causes reverb but once the class has started students are all on mute you can play your own background music if you want .
8) Each Class will be recorded showing only myself as the teacher. The class recordings link will be available free of charge to anyone who has paid but missed class- just let me know if it is required.
9) Please come with a smile and an open heart- the feedback over the first month of zoom classes has been very positive and is the next best thing if you can’t get to a face to face class.
Please click here to see the current Yoga You Pricing , How to Pay Info, Health Questionnaire, Terms & Conditions, Event Registration, Cancellation Policy and Children’s policy
Due to the nature of online teaching, it is impossible for the teacher to see everyone in the class all of the time, therefore Ann cannot accept any responsibility or be held responsible, for anything that you choose to do with your body in the comfort of your own home.
you are entering into a contract whereby you agree to take full responsibility for yourself during your participation in all online classes. Yoga is a method of self enquiry in which the responsibility lies firmly with the practitioner to ascertain what they should or should not be doing by paying close attention to how they feel.
You are strongly advised to listen to your body, to rest whenever your breathing feels laboured, or you feel tired, and to let Ann know if you have any medical issues either by email well before each class, or by using the chat facility in the online meeting space 10 minutes before the class starts.
Prompt entry to online waiting room before class is strongly advised so the class can begin on time. Ann cannot be held responsible for any failure on behalf of any internet providers.
(I’m sorry about the official nature of the above disclaimer, but it is an essential requirement of our insurance, and its also important because online teaching is different from face to face teaching. The yoga classes Ann teaches are relatively gentle, so as long as you pay attention to what is happening in your body during the class, the chances of anything going wrong are really tiny ! But please do ask if you have any queries).
About General Hatha Yoga Classes
General Hatha Yoga Practice is modified according to need, keeping you strong and healthy on all levels of being. A different variety of postures (asana’s) will be undertaken each week, and comprise movements that are designed to fully stretch the body, and include some basic postures that must be worked upon regularly, plus other postures that will be used more intermittently to help increase mobility, suppleness, strength, stamina, flexibility, balance, co-ordination and generally improve your well being. Commencing with a warming up session to stretch and energise the whole body, bending the spine forward, backwards, laterally and rotational, the postures also invert the body and work on the eyes, the head and the neck.
Moving onto ASANAS…. This sequence can be adapted to suit individual needs and abilities; familiarity with such can help form the basis of personal practice, development and evaluation. Students are encouraged to work within their own personal limitations without forcing or straining and are also asked to work sensitively, feeling their way and gradually building up a greater self awareness, thereby avoiding over exertion or injury.
Breathing Work – Known as PRANAYAMA exercises. Students are asked to develop a conscious awareness of their breathing and its importance in de-toxifying the whole body, improving digestive processes, calming the emotions, steadying the action of the heart and slowing down the mind. These techniques are introduced at various points throughout the session and you may be asked to observe, slow, count or balance the breath during asanas and meditation/relaxation.
Relaxation, Concentration and Meditation – In either seated or lying down positions, students are helped to identify levels of tension within their bodies and to contrast it with the feeling of relaxation or ‘letting go’; some of this work is encompassed in the asana period. After relaxation the student then gradually progresses to concentration turning the attention inwards so that the mind and body are stilled and quiet, before moving onwards to meditation, where guidance is given to become more self aware using creative imagination and the senses.
Philosophy of Yoga – This is, in part, incorporated into the various components of class, and occasionally a short talk may be given to provide some insight into the background of yoga and related issues. ————————————————————————————————————
About Gentle Flow Yoga–
Focus on breathing and meditation – Suitable for those requiring a slower, much softer and more modified practice and for people with limited mobility or wishing to work in chairs. For example, in these classes I sometimes have a combination of very fit people who wish to meditate and work very gently, with people who are recuperating from things like hip replacement operations or who maybe arthritic. A very gentle class also suitable for first trimester/post partum, and for anyone with limited mobility or wanting to work more softly for whatever reason. The class will focus on breathing exercises and very gentle movement (chair based if necessary), and finish with a rewarding meditation.
If face to face teaching is stopped due to pandemic then a Zoom or Vimeo option will be offered and any class credits will be carried forward or refunded as requested .
Stay Safe , be well and look after yourself with a kind heart.
MASSIVE THANK YOU !
I’m delighted to announce with your support the success of 9 x Zoom Rainbow Yoga Classes raising an incredible £2210 (SEE LINK) for NHS Charities Together.
There are no Yoga classes on the following dates –
ALL BANK HOLIDAYS
Plus Closed on following dates –
1) Friday 8 December 2023 to Tuesday 2 January 2024 inc
2) Wednesday 15 May 2024 to Thursday 23 May 2024 inc
3) Monday 9 September 2024 to Thursday 12 September 2024 inc
4) Friday 6 December 2024 to Friday 3 January 2025 inc
Mob- 07521 768590
E- email@example.com, Facebook Messenger @yogayousanctuary
FOR CURRENT EVENTS PLEASE JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
& PLEASE GIVE THE PAGE A LIKE OR A GOOGLE REVIEW